Monday, August 11, 2008

When To Trust The Weather Man

Never. At least not while in Colorado. Today was suppose to be 76 degrees according to the weather channel I watched last night. Well, this morning turned out chilly but it got HOT! Really hot during practice. Today was our first day of dividing into sprinters and distance skaters and I think it went well. It was definitely hard work but that's what we need.
It's hard to compare this year to last year in my opinion. Last year if we did sprints you had to run the fastest times or you basically weren't getting a race. This year during our sprint practices the coaches know that your times are going to get slower because you are doing so many of them and you will get tired if you are doing it right.
Outback on Sunday was soo much fun. It was pretty much all Juniors and Kevin, Hank, Jake, Jonathon, and I decided to get a table to ourselves. (You get served way quicker with 5 then you do with 17) The other's were going to try and embarrass us by telling the waitress it was our birthday but it didn't work and we got them really good. Their waitress (not even ours) decided for a prank to put Crisco in a bowl and put ice cream toppings on it and everything so it looked real, and they ate some of it. It was a good time. (If you don't know Crisco is completely harmless its just like flavorless)
The Olympics. I love it. It is just incredible. The 4x100m men's relay last night may have been the greatest sporting event I have ever seen. It was that good. Look it up on youtube it's got to be on there. Kevin, Jake, Hank, and I lit up watching it. We were screaming when Lezak made that comeback it was ridiculous. I love to watch pretty much everything. I like to see the athletes in their sports even when I know NOTHING about their sport.

No comments: