Monday, November 1, 2010

The Next Episode

Worlds is over and I am glad to be home. This worlds was my least enjoyable yet, and for more than just a few reasons. Overwhelming, the fact that I pretty much didn't race weighed down my entire experience. The coaching staff made the race decisions and they decided to leave me out which if it was in the best interest of the team then I'll take it there is nothing I can do about it now so I just chalk it up as an experience and move on.

Now that I am home I have until Thursday to get all of my stuff sorted through and packed so I can run off to Salt Lake City. I'll be happy to start my ice experience and to have the opportunity to use a great facility everyday. I didn't lift any weights this past year but I think I am changing that before the month is over. I have a lot of mental notes on what I need to do to improve so I'm a little excited to put the wheels in motion.

I'll be trying to blog every once in a while with how I am doing on the ice. I'll be skating both short track and long track at least for the time being. This ice season I just want to try and get as much of the technique right as I can. I don't care if I go ridiculously slow all season I would much rather get the technique down first because then going fast will be the easy part. Going back and trying to fix technique after you have already established a style of skating is extremely difficult so we are going to try and avoid that scenario.

Next up for me is my move to Utah of course, and then NSC trials the next week after that. I haven't skated indoor since the NSC finale but I think I'll be okay.

No comments: