Monday, August 23, 2010

What Lies Ahead

Alright..

So as of now I am training for worlds. I do not train for residency because I am not racing anyone at residency. I train for worlds. Right now I've taken a few early-morning practices off because I've been pretty tired lately and I just want to make sure I'm getting enough sleep before I really start killing myself which will be happening very, very, shortly.

Next I'll be taking a weekend off of that training to go skate the NorthShore Inline Marathon aka the Duluth marathon. The last and only time I skated Duluth was 2007 and I had a miserable time. I still don't know exactly why I thought it would be a brilliant idea for me to go: I put 110m wheels on a week and a half before the marathon. And for 3-4 weeks prior while I was at worlds I did not skate anything over 1000m. Not exactly the marathon winning formula. But I am confident it will be much better this time around. I'm pretty excited, my training should be going well and it's two weeks before the residency program so it kind of fits in nicely. Still a lot of work to do but that's alright I'm ready to tackle the challenge.

After that I'll be in Colorado Springs for residency from Sept. 23rd - Oct 8. When I get home I will be skating a indoor league meet on the 10th... I will not have skated indoors for at least 3 months at that point so we'll see how that goes. Then I leave for worlds on the 13th I believe and get home on halloween or on the 1st.

After that, I will be home for only four days, and that is to pack up some stuff and then on Nov. 5th the 32 hour drive to Utah begins to start another journey.

No comments: