Tuesday, September 22, 2009

News Flash

China blows. I tried to convince myself before coming that it wouldn't be that bad. I tried to convince myself in the beginning that it wasn't that bad. Now i've given up, faced the facts, it stinks.
The realization comes on a day that there was nothing to do, we did nothing, and yet I have been tired all day. We woke up and went back to bed. Woke up again and got ready to go to the road when it was postponed until 5pm. Then i laid around until 1pm.. killed time with the rest of the four hours and went to the road where they skated one race that should not have been skated and was quite frankly awful and I feel bad for the junior women that had to participate. Then they canceled the rest of the day and we came back and did more of nothing while I fought off the urge to fall asleep.

-Why does China stink? Well, when you are not at the track or road there is nothing to do. I'm just about uno'd out considering I've played more uno while I've been in China then I probably have my entire life. I cannot surf the internet because I find myself doing that too much and nothing ever changes. And we are just about finished every english speaking tv show and movie (even the incredibly awful ones).

-Then there is the food, at first it wasn't that bad and I could manage to make due. But now I am growing inpatient waiting to return home to get real food and to finally have the chance to eat enough food that I will be full. Not to mention I am just about out of snacks and have lived off of Ramen noodles for far too many days.

-Also the beds still are rock hard and suck really bad and it will be awesome to sleep in my soft bed when I return home.

-Last but not least there is the weather. 90% humidity everyday, permanent overcast and the inability to see through the smog, the smell of awful pollution not to mention there is a chance of rain 8 out of the next 9 days.

1 comment:

Spdskermom6726 said...

I hope that sometime before you China, something GOOD will happen to you. Keep your chin up, Keith. Don't give up just yet.