Sunday, September 13, 2009

In My Perspective

Okay, this year I am a first year senior who made the world team. First, it is not a common feat. the last time i remember it happening in the US was Sebastian and Jono i think in 05. We have Jake and me this year. I will not be modest in saying I did not train my butt off this year because frankly, I did. And at the same time I realize the team for senior men may not have been as challenging as it has been to make in previous years but I would have excepted the challenge anyway. I think (speaking on my own behave) that Jake and I have taken it literally as best as possible. We trained hard with little knowledge to how difficult it actually would be and we still have a lot of room to grow (literally).

One thing that I have noticed being at World's right now, is that even though i have fully accepted the fact I will be 5'5" for the rest of my life I still need to grow into my frame (as do most of us men on the US Team). Another thing I have noticed is how much I love skating. Being here not only am I skating against the best in the world (I've been skating with the best in the world for the past three weeks anyway) but I get to watch the best in the world here too. As a spectator and I competitor of the sport it's awesome. We've heard some times and they are just ridiculously fast and I think I want to know what I can skate but at the same time I realize that I may not be ready to go all out until I feel that I've definitely found my perfect line. We've done some pretty fast things on the track like blasts and that sort of thing to get use to different lines and such but we haven't hit a turn at 100% yet (or at least I haven't).

So basically China isn't that bad. The food in much better then expected. The track is still awesome by the way.

No comments: