Saturday, January 22, 2011

Where I Stand

Well, I've got a lot of stuff going on and that's pretty much how I like to live anyway. I leave a little later today for the first installment of the National SpeedSkating Circuit's (NSC) second season. I'm not quite sure, but this could possibly be the best overall shape I've ever been in this time of the year. I'm a little heavier then I want to be but that will come off in a month or two like it does every year. Normally I am focused 100% on my inline technique and figuring out how to make myself better for the summer. This year however, I have been in Salt Lake City training on the ice. I am still focusing on my ice technique but I also am training with a lot of intensity so I can skate well on the ice. I officially do not have an off-season, but I don't really think I need one anyway.

Year's ago I told myself I'll never show up to a race out of shape. Well, I'm definitely not showing up to a race out of shape. But, I haven't spent much time on my inlines the last few months.. The snow and ice makes it a lot more difficult to get time on my skates (outdoor). So I'm going into this race with the unknown, something I try to avoid at all costs.. but that's the price I have to pay right now. Roanoke I will be much more prepared for.

In other news I have a ridiculous itch to be on my inlines right now. I've learned so many different things being on the ice and I can't wait to have the opportunity to see what I can incorporate into my inline technique to make me better. I'm excited to get some long skates back in outdoor and prepare for an awesome summer of training and racing. This summer will be a little weird for me, training with skaters of the highest caliber on inlines.. It will be like having a residency training session everyday which will be good for all of us.

Well that's it for now, the only thing I have to say is practice perfection even if you may never reach it! Remember every drill you sit out, you get that much further away from your goals.

No comments: