Friday, July 9, 2010

Indoor Nationals

In simple terms my indoor nationals was horrendous at best. For the first time since 2001 I came home empty handed from a national championship which is one of the oddest feelings I will ever experience I'm sure of it.

Next I did not skate good at all and I am baffled by it. I actually was bad from the start but got progressively worse as it went on. I think I did okay dealing with how awful I was especially because it was something I have never dealt with before and I don't think I will solve the mystery that was my indoor national championships of 2010. Next, I am so excited that I still have Outdoor Nationals to redeem myself which I am confident I will do. I've been strong outdoor in the last couple of months which is one reason this indoor fluke baffles me but I am putting it behind me. I have a lot going on in the next 3-4 months that it seems ridiculously thinking about how much I need to get done. Soon I will start telling everyone exactly what I am doing as soon as I get the go ahead to do so. Right now I am 100% devoted to Outdoor skating and to NSC of course.

I get home friday night and have work Saturday morning. Afterward I am getting a gym membership and catching up on some lifting that I should have started two months ago. Next will be lots and lots of intervals to try and counteract some of the weight I am bound to put on with the weights. And the dreaded healthy eating is coming on Monday. I am going to hate it but it's the only shot I have at staying at my current weight while lifting.

Before ODN I have some strength training to catch up on and a lot of sweat to lose. It's going to be weights and intervals the majority of the way up to ODN for me I believe.

Lastly, I want to apologize to everyone who watched me and expected more out of me at indoor nationals. I expected way more out of myself then anyone else and I definitely didn't live up to my training. I felt like an embarrassment to myself, my coaches, and everyone who specifically watched me. All I can say is that come August 9th it will be a different story.

Look for 2-3 more blogs this week!

No comments: