Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

Lately I have been focusing on a completely different aspect of well, everything that I do. That would be my attitude towards certain things. For instance: if you hate broccoli, every time someone says you are having broccoli for lunch then you might go ugghhh broccoli is gross. What I am trying to do is instead giving broccoli a fair chance every time I have it. I understand broccoli is a completely extreme example but you get the gist.

Most people who talk to me about indoor and outdoor skating know or find out that I prefer outdoor skating 10x over indoor. Every time I go skate indoor I try to give it a fair chance of being great it is difficult at times but it makes it a lot easier to try and make it a better situation. Falling instantly makes it hard to like indoor. Falling at practice indoor is like sleeping on rocks, who does that? I hate falling at practice especially when it's purposeless. Like not when I through a late pass and go down. When I'm skating by myself and just fall down at practice. It makes it frustrating. I've been trying attack indoors differently to makes it more enjoyable but it is difficult. Especially this winter when I was confined to skating indoor because of the ridiculous 60-70 inches of snow accumulation we got this winter. That made it almost impossible for me for a while but it's getting better.

Another problem I had was I found that I was always rushing in the morning and it is a bad start to a day to always be rushing. Then it just hit me and I started waking up a little earlier so I'm not rushing and it has done wonders for me thus far.

No comments: