Monday, January 11, 2010

Back

I haven't posted in about forever. I tried probably 10 times and then I was interrupted or got busy before I finished and never returned back to the same idea or post I was putting together. A lot has happened since my last post which was after my trip to Washington.

First I started skating again.. after worlds until November 2oth (roughly) I skated about 7-10 times total. Partially because I was trying to give my body enough time to settle down and heal up because it had been a few years since I really took a legitimate rest other then travel days. The other part was when I first started work they oddly kept scheduling me outside of my availability which meant over my practice times. But I got it fixed and I have started making at least three practices a week (some weeks 6 practices). I'm almost where I want to be for January which is pretty impressive because Nov. 15th I was absolutely awful and I can admit that (my last meet before starting to practice was Nov. 15th).

Second I have FINALLY managed to have one boot that I can skate everything on. In April I got my first Simmons and I loved it outdoor but it was a little higher then ideal for indoor and it was 47894725927 times stiffer then the piece of (fill in the blank) ____ that I had on before it (won't give the brand). Once I started practicing regularly again I realized that I couldn't skate indoor anymore anyway so why not just stick with the Simmons and get used to it while I figured out the turning thing again. And it worked and it makes me very happy but maybe a little sad at the same time. I'm happy because I can now skate indoor, outdoor, and sprint outdoor on the same boot and a 4x110 which I was not doing (partially because that same piece of ___ a boot I had wouldn't fit my 4x110 frame). But it makes me a little sad because of this: I got the boot in April which means June, July, August, and September it was skated on 2-3 times a day.. which ends up being about as much or close to what an 'average' skater does per year. So my boot basically has a year under it already and I really want it to last until after worlds this year which is a long time. Normally after i go through the summer of 2-3 times a day whatever boot I used breaks down in the winter.. and I literally mean BREAKS down. I hope that the stiffness of my boot and quality holds up and the reason I can skate indoor on it now is not because it is getting flimsier... GULP.

And lastly, the break I took ended up being perfect for me. I absolutely cannot wait until the weather breaks even a little so I can skate outdoor everyday instead of twice a week. I'm stoked for this year. I'm anxious to start skating a lot outdoor and really getting in great shape. My break rejuvenated me completely and I'm waiting anxiously to start putting in a lot of work. Now all I need to do is figure out where I'm going to get a quality outdoor wheel for ODN, residency, and worlds.

Next up for me is NSC Tribulation which should be fun. I should skate better because I'm getting pretty close to decent shape. Then I'll see everyone in Hickory.

No comments: