Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Up to Date

It's been about two months since I last published a blog. I feel as if it is dying, not because people like me don't have enough to talk about.. I could talk forever honestly about anything I love debating and talking as long as the person in conversation isn't interrogating me.
Well for starters I am now a High School Graduate! that was fun, I was mentioned in the valedictorian's speech which was kind of funny/cool.. not something I expected but delighted to hear. My future goes pretty much like this: I have delayed a college education until the spring semester due to my efforts to make the Sr. World Team this year which worlds would interfere with the fall semester. In the spring I will be attending West Chester University and still skating. Next year I will once again put strong efforts to making the World Team again. I due however plan to make a jump in the future to a place where I can pursue the Olympic dream. If that happens to be on ice then I am fully prepared to make that jump but if it manages to be on inlines then I am 100% committed to making that dream come true.
In the absence of a blog I began the yearly 'hell' stage of training which I oddly enjoy just about every year. And like every year my fondness of indoor skating grows less and less. My brother also suffered an injury during that time period that made things much more difficult for him, and me. He suffered an injury that is considered somewhat common in kids nearing the end of growth spurts. Either way, I was down to training virtually by myself instead of at least having someone nearby this year and he was down to sitting at home doing nothing, not exactly keys to achieving success but hey, life's no cakewalk.
I graduated high school not a moment too soon. I finished with a 4.03 GPA and as a National Honor Society member which is not bad but did drop off to a slight degree every year.. my freshman year I had a 4.5. My niece also turned one just last week and my nephew was born just two days before that! So if you see my dad you can congratulate him for being a grandfather like he looks! haha. Well that's bringing everyone up to date.. up next is an ODN post.

No comments: