Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Rest of the World Team

Senior Men:
Overall I think the senior men's team is definitely stronger then it was last year. Joey is still Joey and whatever area he is focusing on this year I would expect him to win almost every gold in that area. Last year I believe he focused on the shorter distances and out of 5 races 1000m and below he won 4 golds which is pretty impressive. Cheeks looks better this year to me especially because of the 110's. They look natural on his feet and it wasn't like last year where he skated 110's indoor then 100's for ODN residency and worlds. Josh looks so much strong this year to me then he did last year and that's a good thing considering that he won a relay gold last year. Sebastian skated good and made his fifth straight world team. I don't have any experiences with Dane but he is really well-rounded which obviously will help us out. And Harry is just something else. I love watching him skate because it looks like he is putting everything into every push. It sucks not having Jonathon on the team because he is funny and can lighten the mood at residency not to mention how strong he is in the distance but if we had to lose Jonathon I think Harry has some of the same skating qualities. Harry has a good sprint like Jonathon and he is well-rounded as well which will be great.
Senior Women:
Senior women is stronger or at least as strong as they were last year in my opinion. If Brittany wouldn't have skated then I think we would have been in trouble but her coming out really boosted this team. Sara skated great again but she definitely looked stronger this year. Emily is still really strong so she is definitely good to have on the team. Chelsea skated so good at ODN that she is definitely a strong person to have on the team. Erin skated good in the distance after all of the ice she did this year and the more she skates on her inlines the better she will get on them this year.
Junior Ladies:
Junior Ladies is easily way stronger then last year in my opinion. You have two individual medalist returning from last year in Bri and Mariah. Alex who skated really good in the middle distances at worlds and was apart of the bronze medal relay team. Erin who beat the silver world medalist in the 300m distance which always shows good signs for the USA in the 300m having those two. Sophie who reminds me a lot of Bri in her ability to just keep going in the distance races which will be really cool if the two of them get paired together. And Melanie who skated much better in my opinion then she did last year when you look at it overall.
All of our teams are stronger this year I think and I especially think the Junior Ladies team will turn some heads because they just seem like such a strong group. that I think she is really good for the senior women's team. Katelyn didn't get hurt this year and finally made the team after she was strong enough the past two years so she will be good especially because she went to residency as an alternate last year so she knows what to expect. And Erin skated good in the long races after all of the ice this year and the more time she spends on her

No comments: