Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow, Snow, Go Away

I could probably end my blog now... and everyone will understand. But let me go into detail.

First, my forever battle with mother nature. I live in Pennsylvania for reasons that are far beyond me. I do not like having four seasons. I would rather have like summer and a little cooler then summer that's it. My perfect temperature is around 83 degrees and that is no exaggeration.

Now there is lots of snow on the ground, ice on the roads, and more snow coming. There at one point was close to two feet, about an inch has probably been knocked off but with the drifts and such some areas look like 2.5ft and others look like 8 inches. Tonight and into tomorrow we are looking at no less then a foot (most likely) and I've heard much much more then that. I do not go out and play in the snow for one simple reason.. it is cold. I hate everything about the cold. And snow is very cold.

Next it brings me to this point, snow kills me for odd reasons. It makes me think a million times a day what it will be like when the weather breaks and that makes me think of how much I am going to love skating outdoors without like 4 layers on. Next it gives me the itch, it makes me want to be outside skating right now. I can imagine myself skating outdoors and I love it.. mostly because I love outdoor skating. Then my day dream ends and I realize it is still white outside and cold outside.

Let me take it a step further (have you noticed I'm not a fan of winter) in the winter sickness spreads like wildfire. Just about everyone in my household had gotten sick this winter to some degree except me. I was basking in my defeat of sickness.. when I got sick. I am not sick like seriously sick. I have a cold or maybe just a cough I don't know. But it sucks. If you get sick, you go to the doctor and get an antibiotic and you are better in like 7 days. If you get a cold/cough you are SOL and it decides to stay with you for weeks on end. I have been on a vitamin frenzy since my cough thinking if I get enough vitamins and minerals in me it will go away.. negative.

And yes, the winter sucks.

No comments: