Saturday, June 21, 2008

Starting The Blog

Welcome, this is the very first post!
I'm starting the blog because it seems to be catching on and it's an easy way for me to share my thoughts and opinions my own way without (hopefully) offending anyone. I love writing and expressing opinions while hearing other opinions and responding to them. I plan on using my blog to give updates on how things are going this summer. I'll be at residency for three weeks with Team USA and then I will be in Spain with Team USA for another two weeks. The majority of the inline skating world won't be there but wish they could so if I can update this every now and then and let people know what is going on then that could help. Plus I feel that people need to know what really goes on at residency and worlds instead of the garbage that gets out. If anything good was to happen at worlds I don't think anyone would find out because the people that always spread stuff about worlds only tend to spread what went wrong. This will be my second time around and if it's anything like last year I won't have practically anything negative to post besides the falls and disappointments that tend to happen. I also think that some of the events that happen in the skating world should be viewed by multiple age classes and being in the teen class and loving to write I might as well help out. The first few days will have a lot of post probably because I have a lot brewing in my mind. After that I'll try to post a few times a month but there will probably be times like residency and worlds where I will tend to post every 2-3 days because a lot happens and I write update emails home every night anyway. A lot goes on in our world of speed skating and even though I may not have as many years in this world as others I think it would be good if people heard a younger opinion of everything too. Now although I say that I wont be going against any one's opinion and will often agree because I don't tend to do a whole lot that my age class does anyway. In the off time when skating isn't as big I'll probably blog about anything. From my cross country season, school, recent meets, politics, and everything else I can think of.

No comments: